Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Dax and The Blood Kings Saturday November 10th ‘07

Wow. Last night was absolutely magnificent.
I finally found a parking spot in a garage after about 45 minutes of looking for the fucking bar and a place to park. It was a pain in the ass and I was freaking out, because I thought I was going to miss half the show.
I passed by it multiple times because it looked like a goddamn warehouse building, not a bar.
Painted a dull, inconspicuous grey. How the fuck was I supposed to know? That place really needs a sign on the side of their building.
I went inside, showed my ID and crap to the douche at the door and had to stand in wait of Dax because the fucking place had only maybe 10 or so bar stools.
I was waiting for a while so I went outside to grab a smoke a few times. Fucking smoking ban...
I ended up standing there for over an hour, waiting for the opening bands to come out. Oh! XD While I waited or the moosic, I had to pee-pee so I went in search of the bathrooms. I found a door that read "employees only" next to the stage leading downstairs which lead to...
the place where Dax, his band and the opening bands were hanging out!
Weird fucking place the downstairs. Dirty rock walls, weirdly lit basement-ish. It looked like the typical "kill a bunch of hookers and bury them down here" type of place.
I was a bit star struck, I admit. Plus I had to pee and I was afraid I'd be booted out of there so I gave an oops look and slinked away. Slinked? Slunk? Uh...I got the fuck out of there, went back upstairs and found the real bathroom.
I did my bathroom business and went back to stand in wait some more. After a LONG GODDAMN TIME, the first opening band; "City on the Make" came out.
I liked them a lot. They were very entertaining. They sounded very punky?, IMHO. REAL punk, not Green Day pop homosexual punk. They were raw, dirty, beautiful punk. Very funny stuff, their songs and sounded pretty good too.
After City on the Make's set was over, I went outside for some nicoteams, went back inside and waited some more for the next band to come out.
The second opening band; "Beaten Awake". My god, did they suck. Their set was excruciating. The vocals were TERRIBLE and I did not care for the geeter, bass or drumming. All were very piss poor. I just wanted their set to end so Dax could come out.
Good, they finished. Get the fuck out of here, homo heads. Make room for Dax.
I went outside for more nicoteams and then back inside for more waiting. It felt like I was on my feet forever. Hurt like a bastid too, dammit. But it was okay, Dax's tech people were setting up. Mic checks and all that. His "groupie" was oh so smoking hot... I would have sold my soul to make naughty business with her. She walked through the crowd and her very ample boosom brushed up against me...mmmmmm...
I've really got to stop being so perverted...
The man finally came out. Started his set with "Night is the Notion".
His voice really blew me away. Goddamn. Vocals like that, he's allowed to be an asshole...just a little bit.
Night is the Notion wrapped up and on came the screams....screams for...
DEAD GIIIIIIIIIIIIIRL! I couldn't help but laugh.
And I screamed too, but I didn't want to be the typical intentionally douchy "DEAD GIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRL" screaming fan. Instead, I chose to scream... "GRAVE FLOWERRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!" which was probably just as douchy.
Dax's response? A LONG pause, then uttering the words "Living is Suicide".
Like an unspoken FUCK YOU to the crowd. This amused me to no end.
They played mostly songs from We Sing of Only Blood or Love: Night is the Notion, Living is Suicide, Demon Tied to a Chair in My Brain, Ghost Movement, Wall of Death, and etc. but they did play "Evil Friend" and "Stop, I'm Already Dead" by Deadboy. No Acid Bath or Agents though. I understand him not playing any Acid Bath. He said in an interview that Acid Bath was his "high school" band and he's not in the Acid Bath mind set anymore. Disappointing, very, but I begrudgingly understand this. What I don't understand is WHY NO GODDAMN AGENTS? His geeterist: Alex something or other was in Agents so why not play a single fucking Agents song? Somewhere in between songs, I screamed "HANGMAN'S DAGHTERRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!", while everyone else once again screamed for Dead Girl. What the fuck? That would have been awesome if they played The Hangman's Daughter...
Evil Friend was amazing though. It was "the sex". My hands down, no contest favorite part of the night.
Dax finished and they all went back downstairs to the Murder Basement.
No, Dax. You're not done yet. Not getting away that easy.
We were all stomping like crazy. The ceiling of the Murder Basement must have been caving in or something because we forced him back out.
He came out and played alone for 2 songs. He played covers, but I had no idea what they were. Badass none the less.
After two songs, the rest of the band came out to join Dax.
No.
Idea.
What.
The.
Fuck.
They.
Played.
But it was bitchin'.
After that, they were done. Finito.
A bit disappointing though because this time, the crowd didn't stomp or fight to bring them back up at all. Just left the 400 bar, socks thoroughly rocked.
Such an indescribable feeling. I l*ved the 400 bar and experiencing Dax play there. I HATED the people, especially the unattractive (a nice way of side-stepping the words: ugly, disgusting, and vomit inducing) chicks dancing like idiots and bumping into me a part of the time. I truly believe very much so that a man should never EVER lay unconsenting hands on a woman, but I wanted to punch these skanks in the fucking head...
I pretty much kept my mouth shut and kept to myself the entire time. Pariah Piranha. But something about the atmosphere of this place blew me away. Definitely not the people. FUCK the people.
It wasn't enough to make me go deaf, but the vibrations sent coursing through my body were sensational...
You just don't get this at a huge venue.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wahtchu think, mayng?