Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Immersion

Insects at my feet
scurrying about on steel belted pincers

Antennae twitching above their ears

Drones and soldiers without a Queen

I step down off my roost to join them
in their decadent muddle

Wings damp with gasoline

Mother is down below
quietly sobbing for her lost child

Dear Pachamama,
I’ve been wandering far too long

She smiles and opens her arms to greet me
beckoning me to her bosom

Weightlessness is myth

I feel god’s heavy palm at my back
forcing me down

That familiar feeling rising from the depths of viscera

The taste of copper and bile at the base of my throat

An ever present silence in the air as I reach the end

A climax of kaleidoscoping red, pink and grey

We are reunited at last

She wraps her arms around me slow

I hold her tight as we dissolve into each other

An embrace I’ve waited eternities for...
 


Fade to black

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wahtchu think, mayng?