Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Otherworldly Suitor

Awakening amidst the thorns and thickets
Damp with cold sweat,
opening my eyes to a greater nightmare
Cradling face in hands
pressing hard to try to stop them from moving so
Relentless revolutions
Utterly maddening

Extending my tongue to lap up falling grains of sand

Juggernauting through my body
on their merry way
How long has it been like this?

Just me, the shrubs and the trees
Darker than pitch,
colder than a witch's teet
Picking fragments of my own skull
and dried blood off of my tattered clothes

I've slithered through high and low

Crawled on my belly
only to catch sight of your shadow
Knelt in prayer offering all and everything
to be shown no such mercy
The star I follow flickers in unison
with the heart we share
Yet, I reach my hand
and it draws you further away
Such a vast sky between you and I
So cruel are fate and Freyja...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wahtchu think, mayng?