Wednesday, March 3, 2010

"Explosions in the Sky"

So, on my way home from work, with worried thoughts of expensive dental work, decaying teeth, and (my lack of) health insurance fresh in my mind...I was feeling mighty shitty.
Somethin' really cool happened though as I was making my way along one of my favorite windy roads; I saw something in the corner of my eye that startled me a bit. I thought that it was someting off in the distance that had suddenly burst into flames. Just a huge pillar of flame, but no, It was the most amazing sunset I'd ever seen. A pure, bright yellow ball of fire. I know it may be terribly corny of me to say, but the brightly burning sky, coupled with the Native American music playing on my radio just instantaneously melted my worries away. How strange.
What was really weird about this was that when the song was over, the DJ came on and said that the name of the song was "Burning Sky, Earth" or "Exploding Sky, Earth"...something like that. I have really crappy memory...
Just a really peaceful moment in time that made me think of the little things in life. The things that "they" (whoever they may be) would have a really hard time taking from me.
I hope to never take these things for granted. I'm fortunate enough to be able to occasionally hear when the Universe speaks. Or maybe I'm fortunate enough to have the delusion that the Universe speaks to me. Either way, I see this as a blessing...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wahtchu think, mayng?